Wednesday 20 January 2016

Bloodbowl Rampant

So like every other Wargamer of a certain age, I have bought this. . . . .


I have started buying rule books as a way to wean myself off buying miniatures. I also really missed playing with my WHF Empire army AND I saw this as a way to play LOTR with a load of GW LOTR miniatures I picked up cheap at a bootsale.

Of course as the book lands on my door mat Lano starts a whole WHF revival at the 'Legion'. Typical!

The book has some nice old skool, style illustrations but it has not really grabbed me!

That is until now!!!



Because thanks to this . . . . . 


I think I have found a way for these. . . . . .

My brother's Bloodbowl team
My brother's Bloodbowl team the 'Bifrost Berserkers', 

or these. . . . . . . 

The 'Gentlemen of the Realm' Bloodbowl team
 

to have a punch-up with these. . . . . . 

The Green Streak ooligans

The supporters of my Orc team the 'Green streak ooligans' in the car(t) park outside the stadium of 'Up yours park' (the ancient site of the modern Upton Park)!!!!!

Whats not to love?

6 comments:

  1. I really like the flexibility of these rules...with the introduction of Single and Reduced Model Units they scale down just as easily as up. I just played a game with my boy where we had two 32-point warbands with just a dozen or so figures in each. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed reading the battle report.

      Hopefully my game will be just as fun!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see how this works out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just the right side of absurd to appeal to me ;0)

      Delete
  3. These rules have me a bit tempted too, a good excuse to get going on some Wood Elves I have in the pile. Can't wait to see how you get on with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That definately seems to be the appeal of the rule set as you (should!) not have to pay out for new miniatures.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...