Monday 30 March 2020

March update.


So I'm back at work this week as the designated Student Safe guarding lead as we still need to check in on the vulnerable students from school which means I will get a chance to blog.

Not sure when I will blog again but normal service (whatever that means) will resume when the schools reopen.

Here is my current hobby updates after the break.



First up I got the doggy thing painted from the wild hunt Warband only because I wanted something finished in one sitting.




An hour from start to finish so I am more then happy with how it looks.

Next I took the wife and kids dungeon crawling via Silver Tower.





Definitely need to get the last three miniatures of the Silver tower set finished.

Got Fecula from the Nurgle Underworlds warband finished.







 A wonderful miniature to paint. I am starting to understand the appeal of Nurgle.

Here is the rest of the Warband.







I also got the Dwarf, Sky pirate blokes finished for Underworlds.















Not a big fan of these originally but have warmed to them through the painting process.

Obviously with the lock down we are only allowed out once a day to exercise. Luckily I have this on my doorstep.


While looking for a completely different miniature in my lead pile I come across this fella.


Given the current circumstances he had to go to the front of the painting que!






A 'lovely' miniature which was finished in one sitting.

One revelation was I only have three Underworlds miniatures left to finish. With GW not releasing anything for a while it looks like I am going to get EVERY Underworlds Warband finished!


Next miniature finished was a Minotaur for my Beastmen Army.





He's a big boy but thankfully most of the donkey work was done with Army Painter sprays.


With a taste for 'big boys' I finished off my Ogre' warrior priest' conversion.



Also got talked into a game of Scrabble by the kids. They done really well considering they are 8 and 10 years old.


Last up for this entry I finished up the last of the Wild Hunt Warband for Underworlds.


Tried to make it look like her skull was showing through her skin as she cast a spell.

Not sure how effective it is but I am really pleased with the rest of the model.







I made the mistake of doing a proper stock take of the 'Grey Shame' over the weekend . . . . . . 452 unpainted miniatures!!!!!!

At least I have plenty to get on with over the coming months 😏

I run the real risk of running out of paint before I run out of miniatures!

With the ability to blog severely hampered I have started to use instagram.


If you do 'insta' I can be found under Riotville and am posting fairly consistently.

Hope anyone reading this is keeping well and this dribble helps pass the time.

Can't wait to be rolling dice again (hopefully sooner rather then later).

Keep safe

Riot



9 comments:

  1. Well you must have made a decent hole in the grey stockpile, and you've been very busy, nice to hear the kids are getting involved. Will look you up on Instagram :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. The real kicker is I can't comment on the great stuff I am seeing on other blogs unless I am at work. Will see you on 'insta'!

      Delete
  2. Great to see these on the big screen, as it were. I had seen the Nurgle Underworld miniatures on Instagram, they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work mate! you are on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, that's an insane amount of work! I really love all of it!You've done an impressive work on all the wanbands, erally looking forward to seeing the rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. I only have two "rippa fangs" to go and that will be all the underworlds warbands finished. Hopefully my painting mojo will remain high while we stay at home.

      Delete
  5. Verizon the best internet for gaming. Take down the competition with Fios Gigabit Connection – fast, fiber-optic internet that minimizes lag and buffering.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...