Saturday 11 October 2014

Journey man league. Game two

I was loving the league, lots of players in attendance, the games are fast and furious and the swap around times were minimal as no one could spent 45 minutes perusing over a huge stack of cards thinking about what they were going to field next (you know who you are!)

Did everyone buy purple paint in the Mini Empire closing down sale?


 Game two and its me vs Ed.



Once again I use turn one to cast Blur, Snipe and Tempered Metal. Casting snipe makes Ed VERY wary of my Renegade.




I think we both run in and then...................... Ed pops his Feat "Oh by the way they all now have stealth, and cannot be charged!" Conviently Ed has left his cards at  home "But I have them memorised". Of course he has??????????.................... So I .............................................................

"Now you see us"
 ................ pop my feat and appear behind him.

Thats his charge stuffed and my Jacks all have a open channel to Ed's Caster next turn. I camp Magnus on 4 focus just in case.

"Now you don't!"
 Once again Ed shows his composure and calmly sets his mind to solving this puzzle.

One of his Jacks uses some "Temporal ability" to move out of combat with Jack the Jibber before he blasts it with a spell to make it stationary.

My Renegade gets the same treatment!


Ed does make one error and thats leaving his Heavy Jack's back turned to Magnus. Being the dirty bastard he is, Magnus gets boosted damage to all back arc attacks.

I charge Magnus in and roll three sixes off four die! Now thats a damage roll!


I also decide to throw one of his jacks into the other one.... mostly because it looked like fun!


With the Heavy Jack wrecked Ed moves in his caster. I hit it with the Renegade before I realise I never shook of the spell effects so the hit does not count. SOD IT!



Ed whales away at Magnus with his Caster, leaving just........................


one point of damage left on my card!!!!!!!!

How bloody close is that!

But now its my turn!

Magnus is fully loaded up on 6 focus and his Foe Cleaver only needs one focus to boost hits AND damage.

What could possibly go wrong??????????????????????

Basically I miss with two of the swings despite the three die and I also think I failed to wound on one of the hits (it's hard to remember through the tears).

Ed's caster comes through pretty much unscathed and finishes me off with one hit next turn!

BUGGER!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...