Tuesday 8 September 2020

Warhammer Fantasy warm up games

 


Here is the start of a back log of battle reports for the Blood in the Badlands campaign.

More after the cut.

With lock down restrictions easing several of us decided it was time to kick off the Badlands campaign.



First game was a three way, triumph and treachery battle between Khorne and Empire to get our eye back in with the rules.

The empire anchored their line around some ruins


As is the way with Khorne the Juggernauts went crashing in.


The Lord of Khorne introduced himself to the Greatswords!




My forces also pounced forward.





The Imperial line crumbles under the onslaught !



In a second warm up game I fielded my Khorne against the Lizardmen of Mike 2.0



Mike 2.0 had been busy during lockdown painting up his 1000 points of forces.


Turn one sees the forces of Khorne race forward.


Mike casts a boosted Comet of Cassandora in the midst of my assault which certainly gave me pause for thought!


Despite the impending comet I decide to press forward with my assault.


The comet lands and decimates my Warriors of Khorne!!


Warhounds and Skinks clash on my left flank


My forces finally get to grips with the Lizardmen but lack the weight of numbers to have an impact.

My forces of Khorne are crushed!

Next we decided to have a 1500 point clash.


Desperate for revenge I race my forces forward!


My forces pause before the charge  . . . . . . 



Unfortunately my forces once again bounce off the Lizardmen line! 




Even my trolls fail to make an impact and flee the field!



The Lizardmen are victorious!!!!


Over on the second table the Orks tear through the Imperial lines.

With the warm-up games under out belt the Battle for the Badlands would begin in earnest! 

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...