Monday 25 November 2019

Saturday night fights; razor tight games of Beastgrave


Three exceptionally tight games between Lee and I on Saturday with the final play of the cards swinging two of the three games. Brilliant stuff from a brilliantly designed game (and canny opponent)!

More after the cut.


The board is set for game 1.


The ghouls come flying out the gate and take it to the Gits!


The Gits advance into Ghoul territory to stop them inspiring.


The Gits continue to take the fight to the Ghouls.


Heading into the final end phase the decimated Goblins are down 8 glory to 6 . . . . . .


 . . . . . but the playing of this final hand below see's me edge the game 10 to 8!!


Game two is a smash mouth affair and my Git's try to go toe to toe with the Ghouls.


I tank Zarbag up with a 'potion of rage' and send him hurtling towards a Ghoul . . . . . . .

 . . . . . of course he misses on 5 dice!!


My kids watching telly in the other room might have learnt some new words 😡

Lee slaps me silly 10 glory to 7

Game three and everything to play for.


The warbands clash very quickly!


Thankfully the Gobbos are up for a fight this game!


Before the final lay of the cards Lee is once again up 11 glory to 6, one of which I awarded him by swapping objective markers 😰

Lee awaits my playing of my final hand . . . . . . .


With the playing of the gambit cards I manage to score all three objectives. The 'shifting map' allows me to draw one more objective card which I score and this sees me pip Lee to the post 12 glory to 11!!

I am really enjoying the deck I created for the 'Gits'. It is very similar to the Reaver deck I created for season 1 (Shadespire) in that it is a fragile warband but is really exciting to play with as every card needing to be played at the opportune time in order to get the win.

I have a couple of tweaks to make but it is a super fun deck to play!

Over the years I have played many 'last roll of the die games' but no game has given me the consistency of razor edged games that Underworlds has.

I love this game!!


9 comments:

  1. Another positive sell for Underworlds, sounded brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly can't recommend this game enough

      Delete
  2. You are really making the most of this game, I love it! It really makes me want to play again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would fully recommend beatgrave. the starter packs are very competitive packs

      Delete
  3. Smashing looking games that sound great fun to play, will have to play sometime :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. The minis are a pleasure to paint and the game is awesome. It's a win, win scenario!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...