Monday 14 October 2019

Saturday night Fights. Crits and Pits. Beastgrave


With no Shaggy in attendance Lee and I decided to kick off with Beastgrave.

More after the cut.


We decided to swap bands and I fielded the Elven Fauns.


Straight away both Warbands go on the offensive!



Both Warbands are fragile but 'fighty' with the Fauns being inspired by charging and the Beasts being inspired by fatalities on the other side.


This was a close run game with Lee taking the victory 12 glory to 10.


We were having so much fun we decided to play a best of three!


This time I target the half gors.


With the upgrades this earns me my Leader targets one of the larger Beastmen.


But my warband are decimated in the counter charge!


This sees only my archer still on the board in round three!


Despite this I still have the opportunity to swing the game my way.


Unfortunately the die do not go my way and Lee takes the win 11 glory to my 9.


With Lee and I having played all three starter sets it is very apparent to us how evenly matched the starter warbands are with just the starter packs for this version.

In the first set the Stormcasts generally run roughshod over the Reavers until decks were used from other expansion sets.

The same is apparently true of Nightvault with the Curse breakers pissing all over the Brair Queen.

Not so with this set with both starter decks being VERY evenly match and providing great games straight out the box.

This is by far the superior starter set!

With the games being so enjoyable we decided to forego Warcry and just carry on with Beastgrave.

This time Lee wanted to play his  Reavers against the Fauns.

Another nail biter with Lee taking the game 9 glory to 8!!


Game two the Reavers went balls to the wall aggressive.


I tried to match the aggression levels and hunted down Lee's chaff units. . . . . .


Before turning on the harder hitters . . . . .


And I mean REALLY turning on them! . . . . . .


But once again Lee took the victory 8 glory to 4. 😣

The final game of the night saw the Fauns finally hit their stride.


I made a point of keeping my more fragile units back and using my speed to isolate and mob stomp exposed elements of the Reavers.


With all my Warband still standing at the end of the first turn I was finally able to make my weight in numbers tell.


This saw me take the final game 9 glory to 4.

LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry I could not be there but you are right GW have thought about each of these warbands and have made a balanced starter set. I am looking forward to seeing how the other new warbands fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I.

      Grym watch are on the half term purchase list ;0)

      Delete
  2. Another fab looking game Riot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers man.

      It is a great game all round.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...