Monday 7 October 2019

Saturday night fights; Beastgrave and Warcry

"All this for a bloody glass bottle!!"

So another Saturday night fights has come and gone.

More after the cut.

While Lee and I were waiting for Shaggy we cracked open Beastgrave.

This time I played as the Beasties.


Managed to take the win, 16 glory to 7.

We are still only playing the decks out the starter set.

With the arrival of Shaggy it was decided he would throw down with Lee.


I can't remember the victory conditions but the action was fast and furious and everyone was standing up by the end of the game!


Pretty sure Shaggy took the W.



The Undead certainly seem to have the advantage when it comes to objective type games.


Next up Lee and I threw down.


In this game the objective was to hunt down each other's 'dagger'.

"Run you little green bastard!"

This meant my Gryphs had a massive target on their backs.


It was funny when one of my Raptors stepped on the field and decimated a Gobbo with 3 crits!


However this could not stop Lee 'boinging' my Gryphs to death!


Victory to Lee


Last game of the night was between Shaggy and I.


Victory conditions were objective based so it was always going to be an uphill swim for hte Stormcasts 😐


I proxied in some Furies for Aether wings (?!?) but they are VERY fragile!


Mostly I contented myself with trying to kill as many zombies as possible.


Shaggy took the win.

I also managed to get 3 of the Beastgrave starter set finished up.


Snarf, Snarf!


The Beastmen went together lovely and paint up a dream.


It was the Elven Fauns I was most looking forward to painting when I saw the teaser pictures.

I fell out of love a little bit with them during construction but once the first one was finished they went straight back to the top of my 'to do' list!


It's only now I have realised I have missed a trick and should have painted them as Thundercats. The Faun above would look great as Cheetara!!




7 comments:

  1. Looks like another fabulous weekend's gaming and I love those new models!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, the new minis are great fun to paint.

      Delete
  2. So are you enjoying Warcry any more now? The Beastgrave models have painted up very nicely, smashing job fella :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely. The extra points you acquire during the game means you have more members of your warband. I feel this definitely adds to the game.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant stuff Riot! I wish my Saturday's were half as fun as yours 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yer . . . . I'm not sure about that. I don't blog doing all the washing for the week, ironing my shirts for the week and the various kid drop offs at clubs ;0)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...