Tuesday 12 March 2019

Riotville LIVE 2019. Rounds three and four.


After lunch Greg from the EEFL forum and I threw down.

Once again I would be facing Dwarves!



The field is set.


I knew immediately I was playing someone who was fully up to speed with 8th edition.

I send forward my Sabre tusks for artillery hunting and re-directions . . . .


The rest of my army surge forward using the destroyed barn as cover.


The next turn my Mournfangs charge to escape the withering fire of the Dwarves.


The Gnobblers are again used to direct units away from the Iron Blaster.


The rest of my army move into position.

The Dwarves ready themselves.


Before finally gathering up the courage to charge the Gnobblers!


HAVE 'EM LADS!!!!!!!!!


The Ogre Ironguts ready themselves for the fray and then charge!


My Stonehorn continues it's rampage around the left flank.


The Dwarves are massacred by the charging Ironguts.


and then continue to rampage up the middle.


My Ironblaster blasts away with grapeshot into the flanking Dwarves


Before being destroyed by the Dwarves seeking revenge.


Pretty sure Greg took the win on this one.

On the other tables;

Chaos fought Dwarves


and Goblins fought Dwarves


Round four

With it turning about 8pm and the players thinning out only the most hardcore of Generals remained.

This saw me throw down against Luke (again from the EEFL forum) and Lee's Bretonnians take on Glen's Goblins.

Got to be honest I had been looking forward to this all day.





Lukes army was an absolute homage to the 1980's aesthetic





Despite the beauty of this army it had to be destroyed!!


My mournfangs are routed by the dread of lead!

"Your puny plastic weapons cannot harm out metal hides!!"



My Gnobblars stare in wonder at the Technicolor delights before them!!


At this point Luke had pretty much worked my battle plan out . . . . .

1) Charge up the middle,


2) A 6 dice boosted fireball into the Trolls,


3) cannonball into the Wiz on a disk despite the 3+ ward save (re-rolling ones).


Rinse and repeat!


It was at this stage I was probably given my best ever compliment when Luke told me he had never met a player before who so personified an Ogre in the way they think and play ;0)


The Trolls are decimated by fireballs.


But my Ironguts are outflanked.


My Mournfangs are also destroyed




I try to swing the game with my Firebelly on a flying carpet charging the Chaos General on a flying disk!

Despite the 3+ ward save I hope to swing the combat on combat res and kill the general on the over run where the ward save will be redundant


The Chaos general escapes by an inch!!

Both of us were giggling about the absurdity of the event!


The remainder of the game was just a case of Luke mopping up while I tried to take as many photos as possible!!






An easy win for Luke.

So that concluded the third annual Riotville LIVE.

I guess anything that happens more then once is now a tradition!!

Wanted to thank all the generals for showing up and making the day the success it was.

Here's to Riotville LIVE 2020!

Mark of the EEFL forum also has a blog and he has produced much better battle reports then me.

Please check out his blog

HERE

2 comments:

  1. cheers for the shout out. Luke did admit to me that he took a reasonably filthy WoC list (I'm not sure there is any other...). My final report vs Lee is now up on my site too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WoC only come one way . . . . filthy ;0)

      Read your report against Lee and it is brilliant

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...