Wednesday 6 March 2019

Riotville LIVE 2019. Round 1. Ogres Vs Night Goblins


Round one of Riotville LIVE 2019 would see me take on Glen who had traveled over from Wales to take part!

Can't lie I was really glad he did as his army looked incredible.





With so many Goblins on the field Glen ended up with a long frontage of deployment.


I had this clever plan of having the Fire belly fly across the frontage of the army to draw out any fanatics which would then be charged and destroyed by my chaff units . . . . . . . .

 . . . . . . . and then the Ogre in me just kicked in and I just charged with everything!!!!!!


The rest of my army surge forward but I am unable to envelope the long Goblin line.


The Ironguts send the Trolls fleeing across the field.


And I just keep charging straight into the horde of Goblins.

This of course unleashes the dreaded 'fanatics'. . . . . .

 . . . . . and they cause carnage!!


Thankfully there remains enough of a threat in the Ironguts when they finally make contact.


And the lads really 'do work'!


My Croc cannon (ironblaster) has a real close encounter with a fanatic but the Fanatic pulls up an inch short.


Once the red mist descended I made too many mistakes but somehow I pulled out a slight victory.

A real fun first game.

During round 1 four other games were taking place.

We had Chaos Vs Bretonnians,


Dwarves Vs an Chaos Army made entirely of 1980's Realm of Chaos miniatures.

A joy to behold in all its Technicolor glory!!


Vampires led by a hung over Lano against Dwarves.


On the final table we had Beastmen Vs Dwarves with an iconic last stand by a Troll Slayer on a hill!


A cracking first round of action!!

4 comments:

  1. I'll admit to not knowing much about the rules, but you've got some absolutely amazing models there! That croc cannon... wow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. There were some amazing models on display on the day. The Croc Cannon is by a company called Titan Forge.

      Delete
  2. Excellent stuff. I hadn’t realised Glen wasn’t one of your normal group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glen is an old childhood friend of Lee.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...