Thursday 7 March 2019

Riotville LIVE 2019. Round two Ogres Vs Dwarves


With the dust barely settled from round one I took the field against Sedge and his Dwarves.



Sedge is a member of the eefl forum so it was great to put a face to the name.

Once again I had conceived a plan of heavy flanking cavalry and making the best use of terrain to shield my advances when. . . . . .  . . .

. . . . . . . due to runes and banners and goodness knows what shenanigans two big blocks of Dwarves arrived at my front door in the first turn!!


Well what else could I do but  . . . . . CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!


and my cannon and Stonehorn swung into position.



My Sabre tusks try to direct the Gyrocoptors away from my big units.


On my left flank my Mounrnfangs are battered by the Dwarf rangers and flee.


My lowly, lonely Gnobblers flees from the rampaging Dwarves but they did fell 4 dwarves to traps so won a moral victory


But my Croc cannon rolls over to support as it blasts away with grapeshot!


More Dwarves fall to traps before the Stonehorn makes it's presence felt!


The scattered survivors stare each other down. It's only turn three!!!!!



Over on the left my survivors gird themselves for the final act.


A barrage of fire means the Bruiser is the only ogre left standing from my meatbus.

The Bruiser crashes into the Dwarf gunners but the over run fails to take me into the cannon beyond.


The Dwarf cannon ominously swivels on the spot and the gunner ignites the fuse.

"Say hello to my little friend!!"
 The Bruiser is shredded with grapeshot and the Dwarves are victorious!!

On the other tables;

Beastmen threw down with Bretonnians in one of the closest games of the day.

Lee needed to throw under a 5 on two dice in the last throw of the game.

I will not post the result as it will be blogged but . . . .

The result got the biggest cheer of the day!


There was also a 'Dwarf off'


There was Goblins Vs Chaos


And Vampires Vs Chaos from the 1980's!!





2 comments:

  1. The story about the bruiser was a classic on the day, I didn’t realise he had used grapeshot to finish him. My first report in up (also vs Sedge). I’m working on Lees).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your battle report looks great mate. I will put in the link in the next round report.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...