Monday 25 February 2019

Warped Galaxies and Realm Quest



Last week GW released two new series of books for 'younger readers' as an introduction to the Warhammer worlds.

Being as I was near a GW on Sunday I popped in and bought both books for my 9 year old lad. . . . .

He had finished both of them by Monday evening!!!!!

I know this as he made a point of marching into the kitchen when he finished and pointing at the release date of the next books in the series!

I guess he liked them ;0)


Of the two the Realm Quest; City of Lifestone was his favorite.

I was a bit surprised at this but his reasoning was 'they are like the Harry Potter books with magic and stuff'.

Personally I am pleased they have done this as when reading 'Shadespire' one of the first scenes has someone strangling someone else with their own entrails.

Very in keeping with the OTT nature of Warhammer but I could do without the nightmares if my lad read the book.

Same with the 'Inquisitor' series of books which sees a female character essentially raped by a blob thing.

So yer Warped Galaxies and Realm Quest, fully recommended by a nine year old.

5 comments:

  1. Always good to find a book that children obviously enjoy reading, can only be a good thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done GW and what better review than from the target audience himself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to get him to write an actual review for the blog but he was having none of it. Shame.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...