Tuesday 28 April 2020

Final April update


So here is my final April update.

I am working from home for at least the next 3 weeks so probably no more blog posts till June.

Just a reminder I am now on Instagram as 'Riotville'.

More after the cut.



First up I got 'Wild Bill' finished off for my brother.


An excellent miniature from Knuckleduster miniatures.




Next I painted this 'Krampus' miniature by Reaper miniatures for a work colleague.

I had a real panic when I thought I had run out of Agax Earthshade . . . . . . . But luckily I had another pot stashed away.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For a couple of hours work I am more then happy with how it turned out.




Next I grabbed 'Bob n Job' off the painting shelf.


A quick and basic paint job as these are my Thundertusk riders and will rarely get a run out.



Job done!


Next up I got my musician painted for my unit of Warriors for our (hopefully) upcoming Badlands campaign.


I made sure he never had a helmet as I have no idea how he would blow that horn otherwise 😏


I also did a repaint.

Started like this . . . . . .


Finished like this . . . . .


I just decided to repaint straight over the original bits of the Minotaur which needed touching up.


It was only when I pulled out a new 'regiment' brush I realised how much I use these.


The Command unit saw me finish my core unit of Warriors for my 1000 point army.



I also got a Reaper miniatures troll finished off for my second army led by Throgg.


I much prefer these to the goofy looking GW efforts.







I also converted a new GW sculpt into an exalted hero with a BSB for my Badlands army.


I don't think I have ever seen someone so excited to be holding a flag! Even the bloke standing next to him thinks he's mental!


It even ranks up!





Next up another miniature finished up for my brother.


This time a 'Gripping beast' Anglo Saxon warlord.






Next up a Gorebeast chariot in case I get to field 1250 points in the Badlands campaign.


Same method used as the Skull crushers saw this finished in less then 3 hours.




I even made the crew detachable in case I want to use it as a Razorgor chariot for my Beastmen.



Hand painted the base to look like boards.







Another miniature finished for my brother. Doc Holiday.


Can't lie this was a pig to paint; hence the lack lustre paint job.



I decided to finish up all my Warriors of Chaos.


Finishing these 6 warriors saw me complete a unit of 20 Warriors for the Badlands campaign.



This saw me one step closer to completing my 1250 point army of Khorne.


Just the leader to go.


My 1000 point army is also nearly complete.


Decided to go the extra mile with Cicatrice my leader and try some free hand.


The idea is he has daemons of chaos trapped within his suit of armour.


Also went with some free hand on the cloak


I think he turned out rather spiffing and a worthy looking leader to conquer the Badlands.


 








So this is my last update till at least June.

Hopefully this will be over sooner rather then later.

Stay safe.

Riot.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! What a month! No wonder the paintbrush is worn out, brilliant stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. I need to take a positive out of all this

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Many thanks. I really like the way they are coming together

      Delete
  3. You really have been a busy lad, very impressed Riot, when you see them all together it hits you just how much you've painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It been nice to sit down and have consistent paint time. There is more coming!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...