Friday 10 August 2018

Shadow war Armageddon at Shaggy's part 2


 The next mission we played was an 'ambush' mission.

This would see my warband holed up in their bunker and the Catachans would have the opportunity to ambush me.



The terrain is set and I decide to go scatter terrain heavy so the game would have more of a 'run and gun' feel.


I perch my sniper up nice and high to get a good vantage point.

The rest of the warband encircle Pen Drago.


Shaggy then gets to put his figures down anywhere he wants as long as it is a certain distance from my figures.

I then get to roll a dice. On a 1 to 5 I have to place the new figures within 6" of my original figures.

Unfortunately for Shaggy I roll a 6 and can place my new figures ANYWHERE. I place them right behind Shaggy's ambushing forces.

The ambushers become the ambushed!!


I even get the first turn!

My Crusader empties his shotgun into the face of the nearest Guardsman while my Assassin and head of security get busy with their blades.


With my advantage on that flank I decide to 'Ronald Regan' my Inquisitor and race out of the net surrounded by his bodyguards.

Shaggy picks off my sniper with ease!


Shaggy's snipers get their eye in and start to clear away Pen Drago's Bodyguards.


Despite the effective covering fire of his two snipers I manage to effectively use the cover to stay out of sight and pick off his isolated Guardsmen.


Throwing that six at the start of the game really gave me the advantage and Shaggy's bad run of luck continues.

Once again the kettle is put on and Shaggy sets the table for the final game.


Final game still to come.

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...