Thursday 9 August 2018

Shadow war Armageddon at Shaggy's part 1.


Despite preparing fpr the move I decided I needed a game of little soldiers so Shaggy and I met up at his for a day of Shadow Wars.

As I walked into the gaming room I was greeted by this. . . . .


First game would see the warband of Inquisitor Pen Drago take on Shaggy's band of 80's inspired Catachan Guardsmen, the Crystal Cobras!

Game one is a standard mission to get our eye back in with the rules.

My Warband advance up the board to get to grips with the Catachans.



straight into the waiting guns of the Guardsmen . . . . .


I take my first casualty and all the surrounding figures poop their pants and bolt for cover!!

RUN AWAY  . . . . RUN AWAY!!!!

Well that's not embarrassing!!

My forces calm themselves down and re-start their advance and manage to drop an exposed Guardsman.


Shaggy rolls double ones for his shooting. . . . . this is a theme which will carry on through the day. . . . . SO many ones!!


Unfortunately this piss poor shooting leaves the Guardsman dangerously exposed to my flanking sniper who calmly drops to one knee and pops off the Catachan!


Finally my inquisitor and his body guard close the distance and get to grips with the Catachans. . . .


  . . . . and starts to rip them to pieces!


As hoped my Inquisitor turns out to be an absolute beast in combat and Shaggy wisely decides to cut his losses and run before Pen Drago rampages through his entire warband!

So with game one in the bag and me claiming the victory we roll for the next mission and I set up the board while Shaggy goes and puts on the kettle.

Part two to follow . . . . . .

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...