Monday 30 November 2020

Trolls and contrast paints

 


Went on a bit of a purge this weekend!

More after the cut

I decided I want some projects completed before I dig into any new projects.

With this focused mind set I cracked into the last of my Trolls.


To see if they are any faster I decided to use my daughters 'GW Contrast paints' and ink washes over the Wraithbone primer.


The end results were sufficient but they definitely need a final edge highlight to make them pop.
  

I'm not convinced they are any faster then using coloured primers but they certainly have their place in my arsenal now.



I do like the old skool vibrancy of the colours and their is no faulting the GW sculpts.


Initially I was not too enamoured with the style of these miniatures and prefer the Reaper style of Trolls more but these fellers have certainly grown on me over the painting process.












The gang all together.




In other news I have been Playing 'Mordheim, City of the Damned' on the X box to get a gaming fix.

While playing I saw this and immediately wanted to make an actual 28mm representation of this.
 

I dove into the bits box (it's more like a skip now) and a happy hour later I ended up with this.


Not sure when it will get painted as the weather in Britain is no good for priming but it's done and I have scratched that itch.
 



My Skaven warband in also coming on strong in the game.

Hopefully more updates soon.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting exeriments! Both the trolls and the winged victim there. Pretty nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers.

      I think the contrast paints will be great for glazes over metal.

      Delete
  2. Smashing stuff Riot, the Trolls look great and I love the diorama

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...