Friday 26 April 2019

Mordheim XX. Grab the mage!


With the conclusion of the 'Breakthrough' scenario and Bill and Mike 2.0 finishing up we laid out the board for game 2.

This would be a Battle Royale with all 4 warbands taking to the field!

Word has spread through camps surrounding Mordheim of a mysterious Mage who has found a way to refine and produce 'red' Wyrdstone which is far stronger than the green variety now scattered through Mordheim.

This Mage is rumored to be hiding in his laboratory deep within Mordheim.

This would see all four warbands converge on the vicinity of the rumored location of the lab.

Bill's Witch Hunters occupy the buildings to the right.


The Undead bunker down behind some walls to my left!


The Possessed set up directly opposite me!!


My original plan had been to sit back and then pick off any isolated bods floating about to increase my Hero's EXP. . . . .

That was until the 'Mage' we were all seeking stumbled out of the building in front of me and I decided to kidnap him!!


This causes Nigel to unleash his forces!


But thankfully my Skaven are up to the task.


But this gives the rest of the Undead time to strike!!


. . . . . Well that is everyone except the Zombies who take their time ;0)


Klawfull gets a little too close to the action for his liking!

This photo did make me laugh ;0)


My Skaven hold their own until the Vampire turns up 😨


To make matters worse the Possessed arrive.

Marv is forced to hold the breach!!!!


"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!!!!!!"
Despite the mounting pressure my Skaven try to bundle the Mage off the board!

"MARINES WE ARE LEAVING!"

My Skaven go the full 'Hicks'.





A swirling melee erupts around my beleaguered Skaven


Spiteclaw desperately tries to stem the Undead.


Spiteclaw falls to the Vampire lord. To make matters worse the Witch Hunters deem this the time to strike and move up on my right flank!!!!!


My pretties circle the wagons.


At the start of my turn I am forced to pass a moral check on a six . . . . . . .

. . . . . easy money!!


The scramble for the back table edge continues!


'Hamish' channels his inner Braveheart and makes his stand in the breach!

"FREEDOM!!"
The Undead continue their unrelenting advance.


The Possessed rush into the fray!


Bill's Witch Hunters attack isolated elements of the possessed.


But find they are tough nuts to crack!


Pot shots are taken at the fleeing Skaven!


My leaderless Skaven continue to inch towards safety!


My Skitterkin are brushed aside by the rampaging Possessed!


Finally the Vampire falls to the Possessed!


So close to safety . . . . . so close!


But under the relentless pressure my Skaven finally break and I flee from the field!


As does the Undead with the pulling down of their Lord!

This causes the Possessed and Witch Hunters to turn on each other like rabid dogs!


The possessed pull the Witch Hunters limb from limb!


The pitiful survivors continue to try to tip the balance in their favor!


But finally the Witch Hunters break and the Possessed are the last warband standing after an epic struggle!


WHAT A NAIL BITER!!

I've said it once and I will say it again no game is better at creating these amazing narrative moments!

Mordheim remains in a class of it's own.

After the dust had cleared four of my warband would not return to fight again.

This would include my beloved Marv!!


He died as he lived; shitting his own pants!

Thankfully the rest of my warband become a lot more salty after this game which is only fitting after such a titanic struggle.

Billy's Witch Hunters suffered three fatalities.


While Nigel's Vampire was unable to stitch back together three of his warband.


Mike 2.0 (the git) suffered no casualties and his card is well and truly marked.

Be warned the 'son of Marv' is making his way to Mordheim to avenge his father!!!!

6 comments:

  1. So cool! Definitely tons of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the report Riot, that Brutus looked a nasty bit of work, cheers :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers man. Brutus might be getting a wide berth in the future ;0)

      Delete
  3. Excellent stuff Riot! Your brushwork on your figures is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I figure with only 15 to 20 miniatures on the board I should make an extra effort.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...