Thursday 18 April 2019

Shadespire, Saturday night fights


With our Academy Easter break starting a week after everyone else I literally crawled over the finishing line at work on Friday.

I threw up the Bat signal Saturday to see if anyone fancied a Shadespire Throwdown.

It turned out quite a few people did!!




With four players in total we decided to play a single round and then rotate.

Round one saw Phil take on Lee


The action was fast and furious with Phil and his skellies taking the fight to Lee.


This see Lee take the game at the final whistle.

With the appearance of Shaggy round two kicked off.

This would see Shaggy take on Phil's Skellies.


While I took on Lee and his Liberators.


With the elongated board it takes me a while to get to Lee.

Finally I get to charge . . . . . .


  . . . . . and miss!

Now Lee takes the fight to the Reavers.


I try to focus down on the isolated Severin.


 But as the other Liberators rush to the rescue  . . . .


Lee takes the win.

Round three saw me take on the Skellies.


Once again I go for the alpha strike.


In turn two I load Saek up with upgrades and play the ploy to give a +2 movement to try to assassinate the Warden.


 Here comes the long bomb!!


 . . . and MISS!!

If you look closely at he picture below it looks like the Skellies are all laughing.


And then Targor misses . . .


and then Garrick misses!! . . . .


Despite the atrocious rolling I still manage to dispatch the Warden, so then I really take the fight to the Skellies!



This sees me take the game 14 glory to 10.

Round four saw me take on Shaggy's Dwarves.


This was a game where I missed. . . . . .


Advanced up the board . . . .



And then charge and miss!!


and miss some more !!!


Oh and some more missing of course!!!


Out of desperation I juice Targor to the gills and have him roll SEVEN dice to hit!!


FINALLY a hit!!!!!!

Of course Shaggy blocks it!

On the other board Lee swapped over to Orcs to play Phil's Skellies.


So a top night of gaming (despite all the missed swings) and a fair spread of results for all the warbands.

hopefully 'Saturday night fights' will become a regular feature.

Blogging will be a little sporadic through the Easter break as I still need to sort my home PC.

Hopefully normal service will resume after the break.

4 comments:

  1. Well done on getting to the finishing line and looks like you were duly rewarded with a cracking day's gaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man it was a cracking couple of hours.

      Delete
  2. Love the Skellies laughing at you, they really did look like they were, excellent. Looked like you had a well deserved session Riot, good stuff fella :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mate by the end EVERYONE was laughing at me ;0)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...