Monday 8 April 2019

Weekend painting. Some zombies and giant rats


After a mental week at work I needed to hit the brushes.

More after the break



So after a couple of hours behind the brush I painted two zombies and some giant rats (all from scratch).


First up the rats.

The rats are those quirky sculpts that really hark back to the early days of Citadel and I love them!



"Do you even lift bro?"

And then there's Marv!

Marv is the leader of the giant rats and a favorite of the Horned God (and me).

Furious retribution will descend upon any who harm a single hair on his head in the streets of Mordheim!!!!!!


With the bit between my teeth I dug in to the boxes of grey shame and pulled out two kitbash zombies I made ages ago for a potential undead Mordheim Warband.

The first one is a mix of zombie and flagellant parts.


Tried to go for a more diseased, dead for a long time look. Not sure how successful I was but it will do for a first attempt.

Second up is another Zombie which is a kitbash of zombie, Great sword, militia and cannon crew parts.


I went with a much more recently deceased look for this fella and am more pleased with the results.

The photo below did make me smile when I reaslised it made the figure look like it's dancing!

"Put your hands in the air like you just don't care!"

4 comments:

  1. They look great mate. Were going to have to chat about playing Mordheim one day..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man but be careful what you wish for . . . . and madness awaits you in the streets of Mordheim ;0)

      Delete
  2. Dancing Zombie is my favourite mini ever from now on. No, wait, Marv the rat is definitely the one that rocks! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally All I can imagine now is the Zombie shuffling about singing "whoops there it is!". I honestly don't know if my conscience will let me release Marv into the streets of Mordheim

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...