Friday 10 July 2020

July update pt.1


So here is what might be my last update until schools return in September.

More after the break.



First up the last 8 Beastmen Gors.


Started lock down with 76 unpainted Beastmen miniatures. I now have a shaman and a Beastlord to finish!


They are stuck at the back but done.


Pig ugly!



Next up Scar fang from Scarfang's Rippas.


This leaves me only one miniature to go to finish all of the Underworlds warbands.


Hopefully this will motivate me to get the last one done before the Witch Elves are released.




Next up I repainted 5 Foundry Miniatures Harpies to give my Beastmen a threat against artillery.


Truth is the repaint is much better.


Next a classic 1987 Bloodbowl Elf for my brother.


Not a fan of his colour choice but he is happy with it.




The last two  Bretonnian Bowman are finished.







Well chuffed with how well these 3 have turned out.



I also got some socially distanced gaming in!!


My Ogres Vs Al's Orc's


I decided to go with a Gnobbler and artillery list . . . . 


Lots of shooty fun   . . . . . . . for me ;0)



Great to be rolling dice again. Even if they were mostly 1's.



And Al learn what dicks Gnobblers are ;0)






To cure me of my hatred for Monopoly my wife went out and bought the 'Empire' version.

Start to finish in under 40 minutes. That's more like it.


With breaking the 200 miniatures painted for the year benchmark I have allowed myself to dip into my 'Oldhammer' leadpiles to pull out and paint some buried treasures.

First this Realms of Chaos, Familiar.


A tiny lump of lead I will use to allow my WoC to rank up better.


He totally counts as a Warrior of Chaos!



Next up I finally got to finish up my Homage to the Classic Superbowl Pepsi commercial.


This one!


As an aside I also got my painting partner back . . . . Still can't get her to use an ink wash on her miniatures!


First up 'Slayonce'.


Then Pink


And finally 'Britney with Spear'.


I love em.


Out of sequence but another Beastlord finished.



I think this is another GW Chaos Familiar but not 100% sure.



We are still cracking out the boardgames and 'King of Toyko' is becoming fast becoming a favourite.


Finally these two Dwarf Crossbows.


These are from Hasslefree and like all their miniatures a pleasure to paint.

The finishing of these 3 meant I had broken the 200 miniatures painted since lockdown started for me on the 21st of March!








Now the numbers.

Miniatures bought this year 8

Miniatures painted / sold this year 248

Miniatures remaining in the grey shame 251.

I hope to get the lead pile under 200 miniatures by the end of the year. Should smash that target.

7 comments:

  1. Bloody hell mate, that's well impressive! Well done! Should hit 300 painted by the end of the year at this rate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed. There are some more involved terrain and character pieces I want to get done. They have always had to wait due to the completion of other projects. Hopefully I will get to make a start on them soon.

      Delete
  2. Love the Beastmen Riot and glad someone is still getting some gaming in, excellent stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers man.

      This 1 meter plus thing helps as the tables are wider than that. Just no skirmish gaming ;0)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Many thanks man.

      Hopefully I will be able to field the Beastmen sooner rather than later.

      Delete
  4. Haha, you certainly make each post count. Fantastic stuff!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...