Tuesday 30 June 2020

June update part 2


So the painting purge continues and the miniatures continue to fall.

More after the cut . . .  .



A Goblin, an Elf and a fish walk into a bar . . . . . .

First up this Bretonian Bowman.



No idea how this turned up in my grey shame but I'm glad it did.


At some point I should probably go back and repair / replace the bow but for now I'm calling this one done.


Next up another classic Jes Goodwin sculpt.


Loving painting these old Wood Elves for Mordheim!!


Next 'Slop' from the Silver tower set.


Figured Nemo needed a play mate so painted this one up as Dori.





Then another 'grimdark' Space Wolf for my brother.


Pleased with how the cloak turned out.


 . . . and the freehand on the inside.







Not my usual painting style but Kris is pleased with how they are turning out.



After this little indulgence into my oldhammer collection it was back to completing my current Warhammer armies.

3 more Knights of Chaos finished. These 'second rankers' were only to a table top standard but job done.


Then back to the Gnobblers and some more Beastmen.




I feel these are a real misstep between the original beauties that were the 'Realm of Chaos' Beastmen and the modern plastic models but they are finished and will definitely be sitting at the back of any units they join.


The exercise regime continues and Al was kind enough to lend me a Mountain bike and drag me out into the wilds of Essex




 Definitely need to look into a more comfortable saddle for my bike 😬

My daughter is also back behind the brushes.


The picture below might just be my favourite miniature ever!


Also stripped and started repainting some old Foundry Harpies for my Beastman army.

Going with the colour scheme on the left.


So painting continues at a pace.

There were 452 miniatures in my pile of grey shame / forgotten metal at the beginning of lock down and the number currently sits at about 270 now.

If I can get his number under 200 by the end of the year I will be well chuffed.

6 comments:

  1. You have some sweet minis here mate and they are looking fab. I think you’ll hit your goal easily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. The way my mojo is at the moment I should break the target.

      Delete
  2. Haha, Dori made my day :D
    The Bretonnian half bow got me intrigued!
    Really nice work on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure the Bretonnian guy just stands there shouting "Twang"!

      Delete
  3. I too love those old wood elves, have a load of them, and the beastmen are classic miniatures, don't have any of those unfortunately :-) Very nicely painted Riot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. There is no faulting the Jes Goodwin Elves

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...