Wednesday 15 April 2015

Lego Mordheim. The GENIUS of a five year old!!!!

The 'Broken King' explores the ruined White Tower

With the conclusion of our current Mordheim campaign coming soon (basicially Neil is the run away winner but we just need to get the main protagionist together to have a final 'Royal rumble' style final fling of the die to see who actually takes the Temple of Sigmar!), I was writing a blog post about the adventures of my warband as a final farewell. 

The view from the top is AWESOME!

During the drafting my 5 year old walks in, looks at the pictures on screen, down at the mini's lined up in my display case and asks "Whats that Daddy?". 

I give him a brief explaination and show him some battle report shots and he asks "can we play a game?", it's with a heavy heart I have to reply "Sorry Son all my terrain is at Neils' in Romford". 

"Whats terrain Daddy?"

"Terrain is buildings and stuff. Like that tower." I reply pointing at a Gate house in the photos.

He ponders for a minute or so and then bolts down the stairs and I hear him crashing round his room. A couple of minutes later his head appears bobbing back up the stairs and he is dragging a BIG box of Lego behind him. 

"Can we use this for terrain Daddy?"


The boy's a flucking genius! Flucking right we can! I think to myself. AND he has Lego Knights, goblins, Dragons etc in the box!

Exploring the craters of the meteorite hit.
We spend the rest of Sunday sorting through Lego bricks and knock out several bits of terrain (see below).

These include;

The 'White Tower',

shattered walls and walkways. Perfect for Mordheim!


"Oh the horror!"


the different age bricks add a nice effect

The ruined Gatehouse,

"Well this is not going to stop anyone!"

A small ruined town house with outside loo and enclosed garden,

The 'Broken King' searches a deserted town house

and finds Emmet having a poo! Is everything still AWESOME!!!!
 Two objective markers.....


with treasure chests inside (all the boys idea)!

"I must have rolled a triple!"
 A guard tower with prison




Watch out for the BIG spider!

"My word, the Wyrd stone has had a bizzare effect on the size of that spider. What else lurks in the shadows?"

The plan is to build ourselves a modular Lego city of Mordheim. By building everything on it's own lego base we should be able to use the built pieces ad nauseum.

We have tons of bricks left and are in the process of creating a 'Black tower', middle bridge, clock tower and a big ruined town house with walk way.

The whole lot together. There could be a LOT more to come.
The plan is two create two warbands of 'goodies' and 'baddies', using 400 gold coins and go at it.

Despite already having 'The Broken King' as well as a couple of men at arms, a ghost and some evil bits, this will no doubt result in a trip to the Lego shop at West field to buy a collection of Knights etc and maybe a visit to the 'make your own' figures stand for some special characters (I REALLY want an evil Wizard!).

If it looks like it's getting silly expensive as we add to our Warbands (as it can with Lego) I will have a go at some sculpting extra bits with 'Green Stuff' and maybe some brush work to paint on scars etc.

used to create a barracks etc

I will simplify the combat rules to make them similar to the Wee Machine and 5K versions of Warmachine and 40K we play but add a 'heroes get better as they go along' element and go at it.

I hope we get this to a playable level as I REALLY want to play this!

Mordheim AND Lego. How does the song go? oh yer;....

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME,
EVERYTHING IS COOL WHEN YOU'RE PART OF A TEAM,
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME WHEN WE'RE LIVING OUR DREAM

MORDHEIM,      LEGO
WE JUST NAMED TWO AWESOME THINGS
A BRACE OF PISTOLS, AN AXE  TO SWING
YOU KNOW WHATS AWESOME?
EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. cheers. it's funny what happens after a moment of Sunday madness.

    I hope the little fella keeps up the enthusiasm as I REALLY want to play this.

    Just checked out your blog and love the feel of it. You definately have one more follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! What a great way to play with your son in a way you can both enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers.

      I fear there will be tears and tantrums by the end and that's just from me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...