Wednesday 10 August 2016

Holiday painting. . . . . with no rhyme or reason

An Ogre, Norse Dwarf and a Beastman walk into a bar.  . . . . .

Sounds like an old WHF joke I know but it also sums up my painting at the moment.

An original intention was to finish off specific elements of my armies but I have just been grabbing shiney stuff out of the lead mountain as it caught my eye.
 

As soon as I bought this Fjaler, Norse Dwarf at BOYL I wanted to get paint on him. He was primed as soon as I walked in the door!


This fella just appealed to me the second I laid my eyes on him.

Next up is an Ogre Irongut which has also had some converting and greenstuffing.


He was put together while I was converting this fella.



As is the way at the moment the secondary miniature pushed it's way to the front of the painting que.

Next up is a Foundry Beastman.




Once again the Beastman I had had converted by Kev Adams was supposed to be my first choice but this fella seems to have taken precedence.

For some reason I also painted up two Space Wolves . . . . . . No idea why?


Miniatures painted / sold this year = 90 (silver tower does not count)

Target 100

Miniatures bought 30 (damn you BOYL!!)
379 miniatures to go!
60 in the black this year

4 comments:

  1. That dwarf is great. Love the pose and his bright beard is cool.

    The beastman's pose is strange. I like it, though he does look rather confused for some reason?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with the Dwarf immediately and as it was BOYL I had to paint it in old skool bright colours ;0)

      I think the Beastman is looking into the distance and licking his lips !?!

      Delete
  2. Its good to complete a whole range of different stuff all at once, I always feel as if I've dipped into loads of different bits of my hobby, makes me content (sad, I know)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree (not with the sad bit!), dipping in keeps my interest level up and it is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby . . . The key for me is to only dip into certain projects so at least something gets finished!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...