Sunday 23 April 2017

Salute 2017



So I finally crumbled due to having a bit of a shopping list and decided to go to Salute this year.

I had the lad in tow and the poor little fella was absolutely hanging by the end as he had already had his Thai Boxing class that morning and had been promoted to the 9 year old class. (he's only 7). If that was not enough for him he also took his first proper punch in the face!

So what does any sympathetic Dad do . . . . . . Drag him off to Salute straight afterwards of course!!!!!

Having him shoot me daggers when I said "Just one more stall" did curb the time I spent there and therefore the amount I spent and a lot of the traders did not have the bits there I wanted so it was not the usual bonanza.

I did buy some bits from Osprey. . . .


. . . . . and had a good chat with Craig if 'IHMN' fame but on the whole Salute did not feel as 'big' this year.

The above items are not my only purchases but I want to do a big 'Ta - DAHHHHHH!!!!' as I am already smashing through the bits I bought yesterday.

12 comments:

  1. Good stuff, let us know what you think of Scrappers, it was a title I was drawn too. would love to got o Salute but just too far :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scrappers is going to be sitting on the book shelf for a while as I have a new project racing to completion as well as the 'Blood inthe Badlands campaign' kicking off. I only picked it up now because I know it has a very limited run print.

      Delete
  2. I did't realise you were there, it would have been nice to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been lovely to meet up but it was a bit of a last minute decision to go.

      Also you would have had a 7 year old shooting daggers at you!!

      Delete
    2. And given that he is into his Thai Boxing, probably just as well! :D

      Perhaps another time.

      Delete
    3. ;0)

      If I am going next year I will give you sufficent warning and leave the boy at home!

      Delete
  3. You will have to tell me what scrappers is like I heard its good. Also look forward to the paint jobs that are on there way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scrapper will have to wait as we kick off 'Blood in the badlands next week.

      The 'Dayo gang' are sitting here base coated as we speak!

      Delete
  4. Poor lad. You are a horrible father.

    Ahahaha!

    It'll build character. Heh.

    Looking forward to seeing what else you picked up mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I keep doing stuff like this to him one day he will 'build my character'!

      I should be able to do a ta-daAAAA! in about a week. I am not sure it will be worth the wait ;0)

      Delete
  5. Ahhh...some IHMN loveliness! Really must make it to Salute one year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craig was good company. I put my name on the lottery for a copy of their new board game so fingers crossed.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...