Monday 8 February 2021

January update part 2

 

Hope your all keeping well.

January update after the cut

January has mostly been an oldhammer purge.

First up what turns out to be an old Mutant chronicles miniature.






I think he fits in great with the oldskool Imperial guard vibe.


Still getting up before the sun to exercise.


Really gets to day started off right.


Having so much fun with the Imperial guard I dragged the rest out of hyper sleep.


This one is an original 1985 torso with modern arms.



I found this old 'commando' style imperial guardsman. No idea what the regiment is but I love the vibe.




I don't know what happened last Saturday but all the miniatures below were completed in a single day!!


First up this modern effort from the new Underworlds boxed set.





Then this 1985ish Chainsaw warrior.





Then this 1985 Sergeant. The torso is original but the bolter arm is off a modern sprue.




Last but not least this Ork Burner boy.






Sunday I finally broke out my copy of The Dark Tower I treated myself to over Christmas.

Was great to hear the gears whirring around as the tower set itself up and the trumpet call sounded!! 


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love them all! I have a soft spot for Imperial Guard, and I have to say I find your work delightful. The new Slaaneshi really got my eye, nice work too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      The imp guard have sat there unpainted since 1985!
      I hope to get a group shot of the 'Dirty Dozen soon. Just need to get the snipers finished.

      Delete
  2. Nice MC Hammer pants on that Slaaneshi warrior!

    That's also some serious fire support for the Guard there too - I've a bunch of the old officer and HQ platoon type minis wanting some paint and yours are making me want to slap some paint on them - problem is I'll want to update the drybrush-tastic paint jobs on the 30+ plastic Guardsmen I painted up 8 or 9 years ago as well... You Commando guy is very A Bridge Too Far - you didn't fancy giving him that old Brit tache? XD

    Got those Chainsaw warriors to do as well and I love what you've done with yours.

    Must be nice with those views over the canals - I have some very happy memories of a few narrow boat trips round parts of the Shroppie a while back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...