Tuesday 5 January 2021

December wrap up and into 2021

 


Back to work so back to blogging.

December update after the cut

First up I finished this big boy from the Silver Tower boxed game.


This now means every miniature in the game is painted!


At some point in the future I might drag them all out for a group shot but time will tell.

Next I got the last 8 Warriors of Chaos painted.


This means I now have a block of 30 of Khorne's killers ready to wreck havoc on the battlefield!


With this mindset of task completion I finally finished my lads Orks I promised him AGES ago! 


And the Gretchin.


DONE!!


With a bulk of batch painting done I needed a fun paint so reached for this little fella.


All credit to Lead Plague who inspired this build when I saw his version of this years ago at BOYL.

I then shamelessly stole his idea and made my own 😬


His are still the original and the best!



Epping Forest continued to be a sanctuary.


For the rest of the year I just grabbed low hanging fruit to finish in a sprint to the finish line.

1980's, plastic, Imperial Guardsman.



Titan Forge Gobbo.



Midlam Miniatures Gnome.


Loved painting this one!


Two 1980's flagellants.
 

Always been fascinated with flagellants since I lived in the Philippines and saw them walking the streets every April. 

It was great to have the sun rise back during my morning rides.

Usually I am out and back before the sun appears.


Back to the batch painting I finished off the last 12 of my Gnobblers.


Can't believe I have painted nearly 40 of these gits this year!


Back in the task completion mind set I finished off my Grots.


Do love these sculpts.





The Revolushun might not be televised but it will certainly be painted!


With the turn in the weather, wellies become essential for the family walks.


Kids thought it was hilarious watching people turn up in their lovely shoes "for a nice walk" only for them to get them wrecked within 400 metres.

Into 2021 the purge continues.




I have another 4 of these to finish as chaff before I need the last 3 for a special project.


So now the numbers for 2020.

329 miniatures were sold or painted during 2020 (mostly painted) this is an all time record.

I had over 450 miniatures in the cupboard of doom at the start of lock down in March and now have 215 left to go.

I want this under 200 by March of 2021.

Not sure how many I bought but looking at the numbers above it must of been about 100.

Only 45 blog posts last year due to not being at work consistently but even if blogging enters a 'myspace' status I will probably continue to blog for the foreseeable future.

Another national lockdown was announced in the UK last night but I continue to attend work so we will see how things go.

Have a safe and productive new year.

Riot

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff Riot, quite a productive year for painting, congrats 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      I had to take a positive over the lock down.

      Delete
  2. Great output! Despite the Greenskin predominance (which I thoroughly approve, of course) I find particularly interesting the Gnome miniature, for example, or the uniform on the Imperial Guard. Nicely done! Happy 2021!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. One great thing about our hobby is the variety of stuff to paint.
      Hoping you a great 2021

      Delete
  3. Great Out put mate loving the mix of miniatures you got round to painting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...