Thursday 22 October 2020

Blood in the Badlands games 7

 


The carnage of the Badlands continues into the Spring Season.

More after the cut

The first game of the season would see me take on the Lizards of Mike 2.0


My deployment was a shambles. Why are my two killer units that can't march in the completely opposite corner to the unit I want them to decimate ? . . . . . .  I don't know!


I vanguard forward my big unit of hounds with poison attacks. The hope is this cheap unit will whittle away the bus of lizardmen.


Mike 2.0 charges with his terror causing unit; the hounds are too far away to use my generals leadership; the hounds run away!

My deployment was a f*****g joke!


Next I decide to move my WoC through the river so they can't march . . . . . Genius!!


The Lizardmen general charges in and flattens my Skullcrushers!


I have added Wulfrick to the list in the hope me can chop down an important Lizard man character.


I continue my pitiful advance towards the enemy.


Wulfrick is first misdirected by a lizard swarm and then massacred by a unit of Lizard men.


My WoC unit finally clear the river and my completely ineffectual deployment and piece meal attack means they are facing an mostly untouched Lizardmen army!


Unsurprisingly they are slapped silly!


Finally my Gorebeast chariots complete their pointless and ridiculous slog from the completely opposite corner and make contact with the enemy.


Mike 2.0 takes the win and rightly so. I was a shambles this battle.

Saturday the other four generals of the Badlands cross swords.

Phil's Empire take on the Savage Orks of Alister.


Phil brings his Cavalry force.


Early doors the Giant is run off by the Gryph hounds.


Al attempts to whittle away at the Imperial General.


Phil sets his trap.


Will the Orks dare enter the killing ground?


The Orks decide to crash through!




The Imperial forces rush round to support.


The Imperial general is left taking on the might of the Ork forces while the Gryphs rush to support.


Over on the second table Lee and Shaggy clash before the gates of Ekrund.


The armies deploy


Lee's army then decide the other army is too far away and start kicking lumps out of each other due to boredom!


Nope  . . .  .nobody is moving!


The WoC advance while the Orks are happy fighting amount themselves.


Finally the Orks notice the WoC marching towards them and decide to krump them instead.


Turn 5 and both armies are pretty much untouched!


Finally the armies make contact!!


Lee uses the Hand of Mork to block out the WoC charge and takes the game on point difference.


To be honest I think Lee is just happy to have Skrappa survive a battle ;0)

2 comments:

  1. Great looking battles Riot, good stuff fella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man.

      Shame Covid took a massive dump all over the campaign!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...