Monday 23 September 2019

Saturday night fights; Warcry, Painting and being evicted from my hobby space!!


So a pretty full weekend of hobby shenanigans!

More after the cut



Saturday night fights continued with Warcry.

Game one saw Lee and Shaggy playing a convergence game.




This saw Shaggy take the win and continue on his campaign!


Game 2 saw the Stormcasts try to assassinate the leader of the Gobbo's during their convergence game.


 Basically my leader got 'boinged' to death but this allowed my Gryph Honds to pounce and dispatch the Gobbo leader.

The Stormcasts continue on their campaign.


Game three was Lee's 'artefact of power game.

The photo below made me laugh so hard!

"I see no Squigs!"
 This game was the most interesting game of Warcry so far by a mile!!


Both warbands had to eliminate the others 'hammer' (I think).


This was a nail biter of a game right up to the end.


As a group we have decided to only use the 'match play' scerarios from now on as they seem to give the best games of what we want.

Sunday I fired up the painting lights, went to make a cup of tea and come back to this!!

Both kids hard at work with the brushes 😒

Unfortunately no space for dad so I ended up tidying up.

Not impressed but the kids enjoyed themselves!


 Later theat night I did get to finish up the Iron Golems













These are now up for sale on eBay

The lad and I also sqeezed in a game of Space Hulk



 These were the first miniatures I painted when I got back into the hobby several years ago.

I think it's safe to say my painting has improved!





The lad took the win.

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a belter of a weekend! Loved the shot of the occupied workspace, that's not going to get any better as they become more involved in the hobby. Looks like you will be under the stairs at this rate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yer. I'm not sure I like the sounds of that!! ;0)

      Delete
  2. Looks like an awesome weekend and it’s always nice to see young ones getting into the hobby early

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how that have warned to different aspects of the hobby. The lad loves the mechanics, my daughter loves the painting.

      Delete
    2. You’re really lucky, it’s great to be able to share something you’re so passionate about (and so cool) with both of them!

      Delete
    3. you can never have too many play mates ;0)

      Delete
  3. Well done !
    Those iron golems look great !
    How do you like warcry in the end, still on your first impression ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have decided to only play the 'matched play' scenarios. It has really helped. Truth be told I am very much in the minority among my friends regarding Warcry.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic weekend! I got to take the car to the delearship for a recall, pay my registration and go to a funeral.

    That old Space Hulk... Think I've still got mine somewhere in my mum's loft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant stuff Riot! And what a great photo of the kids 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. I did miss out on a painting session but the photo does make me smile ;0)

      Delete
  6. Excellent stuff, Iron Golems are very nicely painted. Do you still have reservations concerning Warcry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a few. We are only using the 'match play' scenarios now as they are specifically designed to be the most competitive.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...