Saturday 11 August 2018

Shadow war Armageddon at Shaggy's part 3


The third and final game of the day would see Shaggy trying to get revenge on my Inquisitor by raiding his base and blowing up the door to his resources!

Shaggy set the table for this one and then I got to decide where the door to my bunker would go.



Ah . . . . . right . . . . . .. about . . . . . . . . there.


In this mission stealth is everything with Shaggy trying to stay out of my line of sight or hidden as his kill team sneaks towards my bunker entrance.

Half my Kill team deploys as sentries but I can only move them D6 -3 each turn. If the number goes into minus figures Shaggy gets to move my sentries!


Shaggy's Catachans move through the urban jungle with practised ease.


While my lot bimble about bumping into stuff!


STOP POINTING AND GO LOOK!!!!!!!!


THEIR RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!!!!!


THE BIG BLOKE BEHIND YOU!!!!


NO THE OTHER WAY!!!!!


Finally one of my Kill team stumbles across the quickly approaching Guardsmen and raises the alarm. . . . .


and gets fried for his troubles!


The raising of the alarm means the rest of my Kill team can rush to the rescue.

My Assassin shows her worth and scythes through the Guardsman taking pot shots at the bunker door.


But Big Marv is on his way to show the puny oo'mies how it's done!


The Inquisitor does his best to support the Assassin with covering fire . . . .


But despite his best efforts the Assassin is hit.

Pen Drago and his remaining bodyguard charge forward to protect her from the Ogryn bearing down on her with bad intentions.


This gives the Assassin enough time to regain her feet and an epic brawl erupts on the gantry.


Finally Pen Drago gets into a position to stun the Ogryn and the Assassin applys the coup de grace!


And so ends an epic day of Shadow Wars.

Shaggy rolled so many 1's it went beyond being funny by the end of the day!


Despite this experience Shaggy and I talked about our next encounter and I have some Skitari I have just stumbled across packing for the move that might make a cool next killteam.

Shaggy and I are still going to give the official new 'Kill Teams' a swerve for now and carry on with the plug and play Shadow wars.

Thanks for hosting Shaggy.

2 comments:

  1. So in the end it was quite a game! Nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaggy's run of luck was abysmal but he pretty much failed to hit or wound with 70% of his shots.

      The games should have been much closer affairs then they were.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...