Monday 15 January 2018

Shadespire tournament at HATE. All the gear . . . . . .

 . . . . .but no idea!!


Yesterday I travelled over to Bethnal Green to take part in their Shadespire tournament. Spoiler alert, I was very much there just to take part ;0)

I decided to play as Khorne Reavers as I thought they would be a rarity and then decided to go against the norm and take a 'power' pack of more then 20 cards, 38 cards to be exact!!



I also figured I would mostly be playing against Orruks and Skeletons as they are the latest warband releases. Boy would I be wrong.

Game 1
First round I was drawn against Aiden who was also playing as Reavers!


The idea was to sit back and power up on glory gained from objective markers. Unfortunately I was faced with bad objective draw after bad draw. This left Aiden tanking up on upgrades and when he did charge he literally ripped my warband apart!

Lost; 9 glory to 1.

Game 2
Second round I was drawn against Paul who was once again playing as Reavers!


Much more successful with my Objective draw and I was able to coax him into charging in to my territory allowing me to 'mob stop' the unsupported opponent.


Turned into an absolute cracking game with my opponent Paul taking the game on the final roll of the die!

Lost; 10 glory to 9.

Game 3
Round three would see me playing another Paul with ANOTHER Reaver Warband!!


Despite my trying to sit back (this) Paul used his speed to turn the game into an absolute bloodbath!

A great game which was neck and neck until the final reveal of the objective cards which saw Paul come out the victor!

Loss, 13 Glory to 5.

Game 4
I was a bit perplexed at first when I had Mirko AND his mate sit down opposite me but it soon become evident that their English was not so hot and it required the two of them to translate the cards!!

Mirko was the painter of the dynamic duo and plonked down these lovely looking Stormcasts.


This turned out to be another exceptionally close game!


The game was decided on the final roll of the dice where Mirko's, Steelheart failed to hit my reaver sitting deep in his territory. This resulted in me taking the win but as we took another look at the cards it soon become evident that if he had killed Saek with his final roll of the die Mirko would have won the game!

WIN (finally!) 9 glory to 5!

And that concluded a top day of gaming. Event was really well run and prop's to Jack for running such a smooth event. Everyone was up for the win without losing their sense of humor and I certainly enjoyed myself despite the results.

One thing I am pinching from the day is these!


These were made by a gamer called Gary (who I am pretty sure won the event) and are made from various scraps of old terrain kits.

Cracking idea.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great event and the terrain is very nice, have you got the LOTR pieces to convert or you going to make your own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I have some bits stashed away somewhere. It was a good day of gaming

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had brutal fun just what Chaos likes!! intreating to see so many of the Reavers about.
    That terrain looks really nice. I have ordered some mdf hex's to make some terrain for shadespire as I am on a bit of terrain flex at preset as you will see on the blog (cheap plug)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day and I to was surprised to see so many Reavers.
      I have already cut some hexs using 'Wills scenic sheets' but am now going to add additional bit.
      I have seen your terrain blitz and it puts my efforts to shame. Nothing wrong with a cheap plug!!

      Delete
  3. Well at least it sounds like you had fun mate.
    Next time tho take those sexi undead instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently 'It's the taking part that counts'! Even the undead really struggled on the day, their just too slow.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...