Saturday 23 September 2017

SAGA . . . . . .The eh . . . . saga!


With the resurgence of Warmahordes among the members of the Armoury gaming club Macca had the great idea of him and I playing through a SAGA campaign where we just play each of the scenarios in turn.

Round 1 'Kill the Warlord'!
With it being the first game in ages we decide on only 4 points on the table.

2key sets the table and plonks a bloody great hill in the middle of the table!

I guess it is conga line time for the Vikings!


I decide to be decisive and move a large unit of Bondi onto the hill. I only risk this because I notice Macca does not have a fully loaded battle board.


Macca moves his warriors forward and unleashes a volley of javelins.

The magic, fairy 'Sons of Dana' turn up and throw their magic potatoes!

My Bondi weather the storm and next turn bound down the hill to wreck havoc.

Unfortunately despite being fully boosted with battle board abilities only two Irish are killed and 10 on my Vikings leave for Valhalla!


The Irish move up to occupy the hill and my second unit of Bondi charge in to dislodge them from the high ground.


Thankfully my dice rolls are starting to average out and a decent roll of the die result in the complete destruction of the Irish warriors.

Now that's what Vikings are supposed to do!

Macca unleashes his Wolf hounds to revenge his fallen. . . . .


. . . . . I bloody hate those dags!!!!

With my unit ripped apart by the hounds my Warlord counter charges with his body guard in toe.


Not content with the carnage caused my Warlord makes a solo charge against the surviving hounds.

The remainder of the hounds are removed next turn through the use of the Viking 'loki' ability.

Yes, I bloody hate those hounds!


With only scraps of our warbands left in the fight, the exhausted survivors eye each other warily across the battle field.


In a valiant (if foolish) act my Warlord double moves and crashes into the Irish warlord.

Macca goes full on 'computer says no' with his Battle board abilities and I am reduced from 9 attack dice to ONE!!!!!


This does not go well for my Warlord and he follows the majority of my warband to Valhalla!


Next month sees us play 5 points in scenario two.

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you playing Saga, shame the Viking Warlord was nobbled by the Irish and their fey ways :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't complain, it's my job to work out how to stop this. Much scheming to come, I am sure.

      Delete
  2. HAve thoroughly enjoyed my few games of Saga. Fun and mostly simple rules set.

    Shame you lost - I too dislike those Irish bitches. Dogs. Hounds. You get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree. I find SAGA an enjoyable little 'plug and play' rule set.

      As to the Irish I definitely need to work out how to crack them!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...