Monday 24 February 2020

Half term recap pt.2



So my hobby mojo continued into the half term.

First up I completed the unit of 10 warriors for my Riotville LIVE army!

More after the cut



I also popped in to see Tim. Really pleased I did has he had got 'Dune' for his birthday so we played a couple of games.


Can't lie, as a massive fan of the books (and the film, Come at me bro!) I have had my eye on the re-release. . . . . . Tempted, very tempted

Friday Phil and I threw down at IWG with Warhammer Fantasy 8th.


 My left flank basically turned into the battle of the vanguard.


Over on the other table a really detailed game of 'Oil War' was kicking off between the Brits and the Syrians.

Table looked great. No idea how the game plays.


Back on our table I charge the Warhounds in and manage to nick a wound off the Imperial Wizard.


On my left I try to tempt the White Wolves in for a charge . . . . . NOPE!


"Down boy!"
 Finally the wolves and flagellants come crashing in on the 'Trolls'


Phil brings his fast cav round the rear but forgets about 'Chunks' random movement.


In the centre I REALLY stop Phil's spell.


My bus finally makes contact . . . . . .


 . . . . . . and really get to work!!


As it should be in a game of WHF there is very little left on the table by turn 4. I am still amazed people think Fantasy is a ponderous game.


The last remnants of the armies try to rip each others faces off.



Everyone that is except the flagellants who fail a 7 inch charge 😲


Friday we had 5 in attendance for our last official practice for Riotville LIVE 2020 which in on next Sunday.


Phil's Skaven kicked off against Shaggy's Dwarves.


While Mike 2.0 and Alister threw down with Orks and Ogres. Having played last night I decided to sit this one out and help the lads with the rules.


Shaggy soon discovered that the 'Bell' is a thing!

The glee on Phil's face to be playing as Skaven again was a sight to see. 😀


Over on our table Mike 2.0 was having the run of the table . . . . .


Until the Ork Giant turned up . . . . .


 . . . . .and run the Ogre meat bus down as they turned and fled from the charge in the flank!!


Suddenly the game looked VERY different.


So Al now loves his Giants and mike 2.0 understands the phrase 'all your eggs in one basket' 😉

With Riotville LIVE just around the corner I decided to really focus down on finishing off my Warriors of Chaos army.


For some reason with the little beard this fella reminds me of Errol Flynn.



 So that is all the army finally finished!! 😲


Roll on Riotville LIVE 2020 next week!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful, looking at all this starting to wonder what I did with my half term now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, always good to see 8th edition still getting played and I too loved the Dune series and the film did have some brilliant bits in it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks man. There is a glut of 8th to come!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...