Sunday 4 August 2019

48 hour hobby bonanza. War Cry, BOYL 2019 and Warhammer World!!!!!!!


So I have been spoilt absolutely rotten the last 48 hours!!

More after the break



So first things first I had to make sure the fridge in the garage was full.


So at 11.15am I opened my box of War Cry.


Man that's a lot of plastic!!

By 12.45 I had the first terrain piece finished.



By 16.30pm I had the big head done.


By 6pm I had all the terrain finished.


By 7pm we had a full garage and two games of Warcry on the go.



By 7am the next morning Lee was at the door and after a proper breakfast Lee, Shaggy and I were on our way to Foundry and BOYL.

No giant Alpha tables this year but still some lovely work on display.










And as always the display cases were a delight.








There were also some wonderful old skool painted miniatures.

Nico from France painted all the mini's below as well as running a Space Hulk type game. Both the mini's and board looked incredible!




We also managed to secure a table and the three of us and a fella called Andy sat down for a game of Ultra Marine . . . . .


 . . . . . An absolute cut throat game of Ultra Marine!!


A top game of little soldiers!


It was cool to see people coming past, watching for a bit and then jumping on eBay to see how much they were to buy one ;0)

After another nose around we took off to Warhammer World for lunch at 'Gmans XXX'


Which makes Bugmans sound like a strip club ;0)


And then we had another game of Warcry with our newly painted stuff.




This definitely caught my attention.


 I did check  . . . . . it was stuck to the table ;0)

Got my eye on this table as a possible game table if we get ot come here for the finale of our upcoming Shadow Wars campaign.


I only bought the one miniature at BOYL but I did buy some books.

So all in all a top, top weekend . . . . . . Like I said spoilt rotten!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you have had an absolute blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flippin heck mate - terrain painted up in quicksmart time (And it looks fab too), so much gaming, showing me a sweet Mighty Empire setup (Reminds me I need to play that again some time.) and close up pics of the original Chaos GSC so I can get a better idea of their paint scheme! Smashing stuff!

    How was Warcry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mighty empires board was great and all hand made!!

      Funnily enough I did take the photo's of the Khornite Genestealers with you in mind.

      Got to be honest War Cry has not grabbed me but I did want the terrain for mordheim (which it's perfect for) and the furies for 'path to glory' so I'm happy with the purchase.

      Delete
    2. Much appreciated mate. Saved the pics to my personal drive for when I get to painting. Didn't realise the purples of the jumpsuits on the guard was much more richer in person than in the book.

      Delete
    3. No worries man. At Warhammer world I bought the re-print of Realm of Chaos and the photos are really desaturated. I guess they had to paint really vibrant colours in order for the colours to show during printing.

      Delete
  3. What a great weekend it was!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...