Thursday 14 March 2019

Weekend Shadespire battle reports


Work had been an absolute bastard last week so I threw up the Bat signal Friday night to see if anyone fancied a game of little soldiers.

Thankfully Lee answered the call to arms.



The boards for game one are set.


With 'it begins' in my hand and Lee being aggressive I decide to be aggressive early and single out Obryn with my 'red shirts'.


But with Obryn on guard thanks to a gambit he is a tough nut to crack.


He finally falls and I decide to push the advantage in numbers and try to mob stomp Severin.


It is a protracted combat but Severin finally falls.


I have made my Warband a lot more durable thanks to various gambits so throw down 'insensate'.


I need not have bothered as Angarad manages to miss while rolling three die! ;0)


 This leaves Angarad alone facing down my entire Warband. No one is more surprised then me that every Reaver is still alive.


The jackals circle their prey.



 Before they strike!!


 With the field cleared of Stormcasts and everyone still alive on my side I take the first game seven to one!


Game two sees us try a staggered set up.
 

One question of debate was can you score an objective card after you have pulled it if the conditions have already been met.

Something I need to research.


With the staggered set up I can only really threaten one Stormcast.
 

And they are hit on the counter-charge.


I make a classic error when I do not read the conditions on the card and cost myself a glory :0(

READ THE CARD MIKE!!
 This sees Lee take the second game 11 to 7.

With game three we go with a much more conventional set up.


 And Lee goes all in!


At this point my phone run out of charge but Lee took the third game and therefore the overall win two games to one.

Much more pleased with how this Reaver deck performed.

Sunday I hosted Shaggy to play against his Fyreslayers


Knowing the inspiration conditions for Fyreslayers I did make one change to the pack and added 'Desecrate' to the pack.

In my first turn I did get to play a lovely run of cards which saw me increase my threat range, charge in and kill a Fyreslayer, land on an objective and then remove it in one foul swoop!
 

The rest of the first turn was a tactical game of positioning.


But at the start of turn two Seak tried to strike again!


NOPE!


Late in the second turn I try to score 'supremacy' but Shaggy's playing of 'earthquake' puts a stop to that!


 Despite this I do manage to take the first game 8 to 4.
 

I try to get greedy in the first turn of the second game and score all three objectives . . . . this sees me score none!


Second turn I go all in to claim a scalp . . . .
 

 

But the plucky little bastard hands on till the very end before FINALLY succumbing to the onslaught of attacks.

With Fjul now fully tanked up I focus down on the lesser Fyreslayers.


This sees me take the second game 8 to 3.


 Game three was a short, bloody affair.


With the game in the bag I go balls to the wall Khorne!

 

With time to spare Shaggy and I go for a fourth game.


With a good hand of 'preservation' cards in my hand I take the fight to the Fyreslayers.


 
Desperate to stop Fjul from becoming inspired I do everything I can to knock him off his perch.


Even Arnulf sorts his act out!


Despite being outnumbered at the end I still take the final game 8 to 4.


A much better showing against the Dwarves then last time. I only made the one change to the pack and the card was only used the once.

Truth was I thought I lot more about initial placement and threat ranges this game to knock off isolated Fyreslayers while still remaining out of counter attack range or forcing Shaggy to make the hard decision to counter charge or grab objectives to become inspired.

I have to admit I think this is the best game GW have produced in absolute years!

4 comments:

  1. Cheers for reports Riot and glad you got some games in to ease your week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool. Oh, I've totally erased the rules out of my mind, I do need to read them again and play a damn game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. It is a cracking game and I fully recommend giving it another go. A single round / game can be played in about 45 minutes.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...