Wednesday 14 November 2018

Shadespire; An unintentionally hilarious audio book!



I while back as part of my 'moving in present' I bought myself the book Shadespire: The mirrored city.


It's not cheap (£18 hardback!!) but I thought I deserved it . . .  and I really enjoyed it.

I will be frank and admit I do not fully understand the ending but hopefully a second read will help clarify that with me.

However the book itself really helps set the scene with the background of Shadespire and a greater understanding of the set up of the game and the motivations of certain warbands. Even how warbands can end up fighting themselves within the game!

I really like the concept of 'infinite reflections' and again this drawing of parallels between the Stormcasts and the Warriors of Chaos.

I enjoyed it so much I popped into the Enfield GW at the weekend (which is a three minute drive from my brothers) and picked up this. . . . .


This is an audio book on CD of three short stories connected to the Shadespire lore.

I have never listened to audio books before and it cost me £12 but I decided to give it a go.

Monday morning I popped it into the CD player as I drove to work and well . . . . .

I was nearly late for work.

Not because the CD was so good I had to stop due to being enraptured with the story but because I has laughing so hard I thought I was going to crash the car.

The voice acting is so O.T.T. it is bordering on parody!

During the third story 'The Autumn Prince' the guy doing the voice for the Sprite just decided to stop giving a fuck and turns it all the way up to eleven!!

One thing I do know now is I will never sell my soul to Khorne because of the silly accent I will have to speak with for the rest of eternity.

I know Warhammer Fantasy by it's nature is supposed to be over the top and my gaming buddies and I catch ourselves every now and again and crack a smile with some of the stupid things we have to say when playing the game but my word this is just something else.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...